Friday, July 31, 2009

Photography..........A Bonus to Fishing

I must say that as much as I love fishing and guiding others I also have a deep affinity for photography. I take tons of photos. And the great thing is that many of the places I go regularly are so strikingly beautiful in some way that taking a good picture.....well...you could say.....anyone could do it. I mean lets face it, a place like the Grand Tetons is pretty amazing even if you take a bad picture of it. I am not sure you could take a bad one of that place.

Photography for me is such a bonus to being outdoors, enough so that I like it enough to do it alone even if I am not fishing or the fishing is slow. I am not alone in that sentiment. Well known fly anglers and authors Lefty Kreh and Bob Clouser, the latter whom I know personally, both love to take pictures. So much so that if the fishing is off or slow, then so be it......its off for a photo shoot. Its that good.

So take a camera and add to your experience...........and I promise it won't keep you from catching a large fish-----just like taking a landing net won't do that either.........I promise

No comments: