Sunday, February 28, 2010

What A Great Winter To Learn To Tie...

I have probably heard that more this year than ever....with all the snow and bad weather its been that kind of winter. I think we had about five consecutive no fishing weekends, weekends where most folks couldnt get out and fish. We continued to do our guided trips, and we did have some great trips, but fishing in below freezing temperatures and snow more than ever.

And if ever there were fly tying opportunities there were plenty of those. I had several folks say..."why didnt you press me to learn tying this year? Would have been a perfect time." I guess my reply would be you get into tying when the bug gets the best of you. And one last thing, you wont get into it and save money....what a joke! You will probably spend more! Well, might as wel be honest....

www.jeffwilkinsflyfishing.com
"Where Fly Fishing is a Professional Passion"


1 comment:

Feather Chucker said...

I hear ya, I figured it out after I tallied up all the materials for the buggers I tie. Comes out to about 75cents a bugger. A buddy at GOP will give me a deal of a $1 a bugger. Might as well get those, saves me time and they look a lot prettier. Even having said all that, nothing is as fun as catching fish on your own flies.