Sunday, August 1, 2010

Satisfying an Itch....

To a lot of people that tension that builds and builds all week and especially after a stressful one serves no good purpose but to make us crave some time away. And for most of us that translates to time on the water. But if you are like me heading to the hills for some stream time just isnt an option every time....and I have always found sometimes that is quite alright. It means I have to look at other opportunities---and those are often much closer and easier than I sometimes think. Such is the case with pond fishing. And there are times that I am glad I had to stay close to home.

We are fortunate in the Piedmont of NC to live near a myriad of ponds. Ponds are common if for no other reason than that our area has a rich agricultural heritage and along with it a beautiful landscape dotted with warmwater fly fishing haunts.

I have always been shocked at how few people do any warmwater flyfishing at all. Some folks think that its only for trout, and in so doing miss some great opportunities in their own backyards. Not me.

I love bass, bream, crappie, catfish ----yes catfish will hit a fly and its not at all uncommon, unusual, or surprising. All I need is a willing participant on the business end of my leader.....and I will have plenty of fun.

So find a pond or two to fish, you won't regret it. So what are you waiting for?.

Jeff

Jeff Wilkins Fly Fishing
"Where Fly Fishing is a Professional Passion"
336.644.7775
336.944.3628
www.jeffwilkinsflyfishing.com

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Windows Mobile Smartphone

No comments: