Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trips with Friends........

There are lots of times I think to myself......" I must have the best job in the world." I certainly think I have the best customers in the world. And with many I have been serving them since they started fly fishing. Some customers I have known for more than 20 years.

Most customers end up becoming my friends as well. I get the privilege of taking them fishing several times a year, and we get to share a lot of victory moments together. Nothing beats seeing a customer get into a large fish, except maybe landing it of course. With many of my customers we fish often enough to introduce them to fishing under all weather and stream conditions. And many times we have a banner day when it looked like it could have just as easily been the other way. Such was the case on Feb 18, 2008 with my friend and customer Mac Cheek. We had a near perfect day, we quit counting the takes, caught at least 30 or more fish, lost several more, and a near 20" fish and another larger than that on that came off. More importantly it was incredible to just see Mac fish, and to see how good a fly fisherman he has become. It means alot since he and I started from the very beginning almost 2 years ago, with him learning to fly fish, and Mac is solid proof that if you spend time on the water and pay your dues it all pays off. I was not only impressed as I watched him fish, I was stunned!!!! His casting is well, quite nice if you ask me. Line control, impressive. And fishing prowess......well, the numbers speak for themselves. Until next time, we'll enjoy and savor the last trip..........and look forward to the next one.

No comments: